Jason Williams turned heads at Rucker Park this week, unveiling two new SLAM x Nike Hyperflight colorways during the SLAM Summer Classic Vol. 8 in New York City.
The retired NBA guard, whose highlight tape has kept “White Chocolate” a fixture in basketball conversation for years, has also seen his profile rise again through his podcast. That renewed buzz helped pave the way for Nike to re-sign him earlier this year and put him back at the center of the retro Hyperflight push.
Williams has already had one player-exclusive Hyperflight colorway from his Sacramento Kings days hit the market, followed by general-release versions. Now he’s added two more pairs to the mix: the “Safety Orange” and “Platinum” editions, both part of a limited-edition SLAM and Nike collaboration.
The SLAM x Nike Zoom Hyperflight “Safety Orange” dropped in limited quantities on August 15, 2026, at $170 in adult sizes. It sold out quickly, though pairs can still be found on resale sites, where the average price is listed at $233 on StockX.
Visually, the shoe goes loud in the best way. It features a Safety Orange upper with Smoke Grey and Black detailing, White Nike Swooshes on the sides, and SLAM branding across the design to round out the package.
That colorway also appeared on the cover of SLAM 40, alongside other sneakers from the collection. Williams told the magazine, "My favorite part about the Hyperflight is the shine - for my teammates - cause without them, there wouldn't be no PEs."
He wasn’t finished there. Williams also introduced the unreleased SLAM x Nike Zoom Hyperflight “Platinum,” a pair that currently has no release details attached to it. The look leans into a Sacramento Kings-inspired feel, which should only add to the interest around it.
The “Platinum” pair comes dressed in a Platinum Silver upper with black detailing, purple Nike Swooshes on the lateral forefoot, “JWILL” branding on the heels in white, and the SLAM wordmark on the tongues.
With Williams back in the sneaker conversation and continuing to build momentum through his podcast presence, it looks like fans will be seeing plenty more of him soon.
In Other News...
Keegan Murrays New Deal Just Raised The Stakes For Sacramento
Keegan Murrays future in Sacramento was already going to be a major offseason talking point, but the Kings have now made their intentions clear by locking him into a five-year, $140 million extension. The move underscores how much they still value the forwards two-way potential and the role he can play as the roster continues to take shape around him.
The contract comes with obvious intrigue because Murrays most recent season was disrupted by a thumb ligament tear and a series of left ankle injuries that limited him to 23 games. Sacramento is betting that the setbacks were a detour, not a detour that changes the player, and the next step is seeing how he fits into a future in which the Kings are counting on him to be a foundational piece. [Read more 🡒]
Kings Just Made Their Belief In Emanuel Sharp Crystal Clear
The Kings decision to take Emanuel Sharp at No. 45 already said plenty, but the contract they handed him says even more. Sacramento gave the second-round guard a three-year, $6.35 million deal with two fully guaranteed seasons, a notable investment for a pick in that range and a sign the front office sees a real role for him going forward.
Sharp arrives with the kind of profile the Kings have been trying to add around their core: a guard who can defend on the perimeter and knock down shots. He showed those traits in college and carried them into summer league play, giving Sacramento reason to believe he can grow into a useful 3-and-D piece rather than just another late-round flyer. [Read more 🡒]
